Monday, September 7, 2009

Modern Conveniences

<<evatvremote.JPG>> Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, the
flight was smooth and entertaining! Each seat had its own screen and
remote control. We could watch movies (American and Chinese), watch
documentaries, play video games, or listen to the radio. Because of the
time change, I decided to take a short nap and then try to stay up the
rest of the flight. It was easy to do - I just watched one movie after
another!! I also had many conversations with a wonderful young lady in
the seat next to me. She was Taiwanese and worked in Houston, Texas. She
was coming home to visit her family. She told me that most people in
Taiwan speak Mandarin Chinese, but they also learn English. Some of the
families, including hers, also speak Taiwanese!! So, all of the
announcements on the airplane were given in 3 different languages!

No comments: