Thursday, February 5, 2009

FW: Early morning

<<HPIM5174.jpg>> He <<HPIM5175.jpg>> ll <<HPIM5178.jpg>> o everyone!
First of all, you must realize how beautiful this place is. We are
located on Lake Yohoa, which has mountains on one side, and coffee,
banana and sugar cane plantations on the other. Our resort is on a
coffee plantation, and hosts many mission groups as well as vacationers
from other parts of Central America. Unfortunately, there are many
poverty-stricken villages in the area.
The owner of the resort started a bilingual school for his own children,
as well as children of more affluent families. (tuition at $65 per
month...with some scholarship children) Most of our food is grown right
here...tilapia in the lake, bananas,chickens, beef,fresh vegetables,
fruit (papaya, avocados, pineapple, oranges, etc.)and coffee, to mention
a few. My favorite food at breakfast is what I call "chocolate
grits"...actually it's beans.
The temp. today is high 70's, no humidity.

I'll be sending you lots of pictures each day, internet and computer
willing.
I think I just need to send a few at a time. I'll tackle the video
later! Ann

No comments: