Thursday, February 5, 2009

FW: First grade today

<<1-27-09 027.jpg>> To <<1-27-09 029.jpg>> day in first grade we talked
about the letter D. I read Harry the Dirty Dog in English, followed by
the teacher reading it in Spanish. Then we made Harry with construction
paper and also painted dots on the letter D. Thank you, Voula for the
activities. The children LOVED it!! Once again,, when I walked in the
room, the children stood and said, "Good morning, Ms. Marshall". When I
got to the fourth grade today the first thing they wanted to do was play
"Around the World". I've got my list going on the board and on Friday
we'll have the finals.

When I got back to the resort, I went for a marathon nature walk...I
took pictures of ducks on the lake, mountains covered with clouds, many
colorful birds, pineapple plants, orange, papaya, and avocado trees,
coffee plants (I even picked some beans to show the SA students),
bananas and plantains in the trees, bright pink and red ginger, huge
bromeliads growing up the tree trunks, and horses (and the friendly
donkey) grazing in the pasture. I decided that the best thing about
coming this time of the year is that there are not any flies! However,
there have been some mosquitoes!

Although the classrooms have over head lights, they don't waste
electricity. Most of the time the lights are off. At first I thought
it was rather dark, but after a few minutes you get used to it. The
school has a metal roof. Both days I thought raindrops were falling on
it, but I didn't see any rain. Today the children told me that it is
the crows walking on the roof!

I have given several classes the letters that we wrote and they are
starting their responses.

Take care! Ann

No comments: